Bearguy III

Build Fighter

Sazabi "Version Ka"

Reviewed by Toymaker

ODIN

REBOOT!

First Look

Review by Toymaker

Sunday, June 24, 2007

MS-18E Kampfer [Kanji Custom] Primed!

I managed to finish priming this kit today. However quite a few blemishes surfaced after priming. So I will be doing some touching up before I start painting. Got to hang in there for a while more.















Six more days!!!

Sunday, June 17, 2007

MS-18E Kampfer [Kranji Custom] Phase 6

Now for the weapons! Initially I was hoping to do a rifle or bazooka, but since it's a "Kranji custom", I will just create a broad sword. This one was inspired from the weapon of the Final Fantasy's character, Cloud.







The edges are s using sanding sticks and metal files.







The sheath







The sword coupled with the sheath.





Added some minor details on the Shot Gun.











Ah....that's one big meat cleaver!

Friday, June 15, 2007

MS-18E Kampfer [Kanji Custom] Phase 5


Phase 5! I finally got both arms done! Wow! It's already mid June, I really need to finish this up quick....





Sealed off the openings at the top of the shoulders.



Application of the putty.



After the putty completely cures, I proceed to sand down until I achieve a round and smooth surface.



Added Duct Nozzles from Kotobukiya.





Cut some pla-plates into shapes and glued them to the shoulders



Added Round Molds from Kotobukiya.





Drill a hole on one of the forearms.



The plastic of this particular kit is extremely brittle, it is quite difficult to cut and drill without having cracks.





More detailing of the forearms.





I have decided to attach a blade to the left arm.



I randomly drew a blade-like shape and proceed to cut out the design.



The blade is slowly shaped and sharpened using metal files and sand down using 600 grit sand paper.



The whole Kampfer!








Monday, June 4, 2007

MS-18E Kampfer [Kanji Custom] Phase 4

Now, I will move on to Phase 4 of the build-up process, the lower limbs. My objective is to break up the curved surfaces of the legs and to avoid over doing it to the point of it looking busy. I wanted a more complicated and sophisticated feel.



Fill up the reverse side of the knees with epoxy putty.







After that, I began detailing them with option parts as well as pla-plates.

























Added more pla-plates to the legs to add shapes to these parts.









The modifications so far only requires me to "cut and paste" with pla-plate and adding of the usual details. In fact my only plan was to add layers to the legs to give the Kampfer a more "heavy" look.





Before I go to phase 5, here is what I have done so far....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

READERS