Friday, July 31, 2009
When Leon first showed this to me for the first time, I told myself this could not have been a toy! I thought this Megatron looked actually like the one in the movie. The metallic colour is dead on, very suitable for this Transformer.
As I know that these toys are not like model kits. Parts cannot be separated for painting. I colud imagine the masking and hand painting needed for this one.
Small parts are painstakingly hand painted.
Do I see shading on the metallic surface? I have seen a lot of metallic model; but I thought shading and metal colours do not go together. Or maybe I'm wrong? Looks pretty naturally here. The base is another nice touch, simple but effective.
Ahhhh, our house kitten.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Another MG Freedom. I started on monday and finished it on Saturday. It has been a long time I did something fast, lol. Well not much to shout about. Just OOB and a few very minor details. In the end, I was quite pleased with the kit. I did encountered cracks on some of the plastic parts when I applied enamel paint for panel lines, got to be real careful about this next time!
Monday - Assembly
Tuesday - Some modds
Thursday to Saturday - painting like a mad man!!!
Monday, July 13, 2009
7/13/2009 12:55:00 AM 2 comments
Something interesting came through my mailbox yesterday. I opened up the envelope and was like "HUH!!!???". Attached to the letter was a Master Card with my Qubeley on it! Later I managed to find the "culprit" which was my wife. She applied on my behalf a Master Card with my work printed on it. Whooaa... How COOL is that?
Well, my wife have requested me to do a MG Freedom by this week for a friend. In most circunstances, I would say never because I am notoriously slow. However, after some consideration, I decided to give it a shot. Take it as a challenge as well as to practice my speed. Starting from today till end of the week!!! (I suspect the Card is a BRIBE from her)
Saturday, July 11, 2009
So I have completed it! This will be my first 1/60 scale Gundam. I tried some minor modds and panel lines and it turned out just alright. And since this is a commissioned work, I think original the original colour scheme would be better.
I am quite satisfied with the colours, most of the parts I used GAIA paints as I find they given you a more vibrant colours. However, the stickers provided for the orbs are really a chore. I have to paint the one on the body as I could not do a good job with the stickers .
Overall, this is a decent kit and to be frank, anything that is 1/60 always looks impressive. PG or no PG....
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
I finally get off my bum and tried to finish the Exia. I spent the whole afternoon painting and was glad that all went well. Phew.... I realised that this is my first fully painted 1/60 kit! It seems that doing 1/60 scale mechas are much more fun compared to the other scales. Maybe I will attempt a PG very soon...