photo b25057d1-2a8e-4652-8627-502b93ccd5b6.jpg

Monday, February 23, 2009

Banpresto Desktop Head Set

[Ok, just close a poll @ Plamo forum and the Strike Noir head was the popular choice. So time for some conversion!]
During my Hong Kong trip, I went to several stores in search of these Banpresto Desktop Head Display sets. Released in 2008, the series consisted of four sets, each set containing four display units.
Set 1 contains : RX-78, Wing Zero, Impulse Gundam and Gundam X
Set 2 contains : Zeta Gundam, God Gundam, NT-1 Alex and V Gundam
Set 3 contains : Nu Gundam, GP03, ZZ Gundam and Turn A
Set 4 contains : RX79G, Devil Gundam, F91 and Strike Gundam.

And I must say that these items are really in demand. Most of the stores have already sold out or raised the price of remaining stock by more than two times its original price. Nevertheless, I decided to grab a few as the people from EBASENET is planning a buildgroup for these and I am pretty keen to be part of the group.
As the price is considerably lower than its G-System counterparts, my expectations of the display sets were not very high. But I had a pleasant surprise when I opened the package (I bought a Strike Gundam set). The first thing that struck me was the moulding, I thought it is pretty accurate in terms of proporation and shape. And you could actually remove some parts easily for colouring if necessary.

While G Systems display head sets have very good detailings and LEDs installed, the details on the Banpresto units are kept at a minimum with no LEDs as well. This actually works in my favor since it is my intention add details and learn to install LEDs to this unit.
However, I am having a dilemma now. I wanted to do the Strike Gundam but also thinking about converting it to Strike Noir instead. Although both are similar designs, there are still a lot of works involved to pull of that conversion.

Since I am not able to decide for myself, I will let you guys decide for me. I have set up a poll and would really appreciate if you guys can take some time off to vote.
Thanks in advance!
Toymaker

0 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

READERS