Bearguy III

Build Fighter

Sazabi "Version Ka"

Reviewed by Toymaker

ODIN

REBOOT!

First Look

Review by Toymaker

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Earth Hour

"Earth Hour started in 2007 in Sydney, Australia when 2.2 million homes and businesses turned their lights off for one hour to make their stand against climate change. Only a year later and Earth Hour had become a global sustainability movement with more than 50 million people across 35 countries participating. Global landmarks such as the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, Rome's Colosseum and the Coca Cola billboard in Times Square, all stood in darkness, as symbols of hope for a cause that grows more urgent by the hour. 

And Earth Hour 2010 takes place on Saturday 27 March at 8.30pm (local time) and is a global call to action to every individual, every business and every community throughout the world. It is a call to stand up, to take responsibility, to get involved and lead the way towards a sustainable future. Iconic buildings and landmarks from Europe to Asia to the Americas will stand in darkness. People across the world from all walks of life will turn off their lights and join together in celebration and contemplation of the one thing we all have in common - our planet.


In March 2009, hundreds of millions of people took part in the third Earth Hour. Over 4000 cities in 88 countries officially switched off to pledge their support for the planet, making Earth Hour 2009 the world's largest global climate change initiative."

If you always wanted to do something for mother Earth, today could be a stepping stone for you. 

Cheers.

Bandai FORMANIA Series- Nu Gundam


Since the announcement of its impending release in October last year, I have been following this very closely. The moment I saw the prototype on the net, I knew that I have to get it. At 17cm tall, it isn't exactly "big". However the details I seen so far are pretty good. Produced with a mixture of PVC, metal composite and ABS, it comes painted as well. 


The amount of details on the shoulders and cockpit area is overwhelming! 

The addition of crew members is a nice touch. Everything looks so "right" now.

Internal mechanism looks good as well. A lot of effort was spent into this one.  


With something so impressive, it might justify its 12600 yen price tag. However, I will reserve my verdict until I get my hands on it. Mass produced products usually have QC problems as I am aware. For some of you who might wonder why I want a finished kit, well I have some special plans for it of course. I always love those half-bust Gundam displays but resins are too cumbersome to work on. BANDAI has just solved my problem :)

And best of all? SAZABI is in the works!!!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Maintenance Diorama (Intro)


While taking a break in between my gaming sessions,  I took the opportunity to do a short write out on the materials I usually use for maintenance dioramas (MD). My favourite MD was the one I created for the yellow Sazabi custom many years back. Not many people are into MDs. Some say they are boring. Of course I am not one of them. In fact there are a lot of interesting things you can do.



I did quite a bit of research on such dioramas from magazines, animes and the internet. Although there were not much to be found, I just let my imagination do the rest. In fact, you can derive many ideas from your surroundings, a car garage, air craft hanger, ship yards, container ports etc.



To start thing off, I talk about the base. I ordered it from a local arylic store accordingly to my dimensions. I specifically increased the height of two sides for the "walls". Once I got the base, I started off with the floor, cutting nine squares from pla-plates and layed them on the base. On those plates, I added a little details and panel lines. I also cut more sheets for the walls. Basically, there is no standard shape or line. Most of the time, I worked on instinct. Although preliminary sketches would have make things easier.

Friday, March 5, 2010

BB Goutaitei Sonken Gundam Korinpaku (WIP Part 2)

Some minor updates. Did some fitting and trimming today.


For the tiger head, I sharpen the edges and added two fangs. I wanted a more "fiercer" appearance, a sabre-tigerish look to be exact.


I got to replace the tail with the one from Tallgeese. The original one is too meek and look like a ponytail to me. Now it will look intimdating with spiky hair.


Since I have used the body of the Tallgeese, I need to widen the chest armor to make it more proportionate to the new body. Details will be added later (I have yet to come up with something).


Instead of lengthing the front skirt armour, I use the same part from another kit and glued them together. I save some time as I do not need to add pla-plate and putty. Furthermore, the armor will look interesting with layers.

 

I applied the same method here. my intention is to cut out the middle of the armors leaving the borders and inserting a blue transparent film. That will come later. 


A mock up display of the unfinished kit.

A comparison with the original kit. As you can see, the proportion has significantly improved. The addition of armor plates actually gives the kit a more complex look. I am considering retaining the feets and armors of the Tallgeese. They just look better than before. Now, we will take SDs seriously after this one.... 

More updates soon.... I'm on a roll!  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

READERS