photo b25057d1-2a8e-4652-8627-502b93ccd5b6.jpg

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Going Merry by Satoshi Araki

To be frank, I seldom feature fellow modelers' work here. But one in awhile, one such great work comes along and stop me in my tracks! I just have to blog about it and share with you guys! 

I am never a fan one One-Piece anime. And Bandai's recent releases of the its kits hardly interest me. But one day, this appeared on my Facebook and I was literally blown away! You can say I was dumbfounded and scared shit both at the same time . All the hows, the whys? started forming in my head. In a nutshell, if Going Merry is for real, this is as real as it gets! My wife wants one, my son wants one. Heck! I want one too! 

The wood textures, the sails, everything in it is superb. But the icing on the cake gotta be the sea waves. I have never seen it so masterfully executed, not in my region at least. Well. Mr Satoshi Araki has allowed me to blog about his work here and I am really glad. A nice and humble guy indeed. 

Well, enough of the superlatives, here are the pictures of Mr Satoshi Araki's work titled "Beginning of 2012, it is rough seas?" 

Subject: "Going Merry". 








For more pictures and information, please visit his blog, Show in diorama scene of master-Araki. Master? we all agree, don't we? 


1 comments :

This is utterly amazing i have never seen anything this good. I would love to buy this model. Please if anyone knows how, where or anything about buying this model please let me know. Thank you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

READERS