photo b25057d1-2a8e-4652-8627-502b93ccd5b6.jpg

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Coming home

Just went back to work and things seem to be back to normal. I am trying to get back to my old routine and slowly get back to life as it is.

At the end of the day, I stepped out of the office like a battered soldier. Tired and a bit restless, I decided to take a slow walk home to calm my frayed nerves.

And the trip back home was indeed a nostalgic one. As I walked, I came across paths that mum and I would used to take. Suddenly, these memories overwhelmed me. Tears began to flow.

As I walked past my old primary school, I got this feeling that time has stopped for me. Like I am once again a schoolboy, running home to savour mum's homecooked food..... Once again I am in her arms, feeling her warmth.



But reality is cruel, and painful too. No matter how many times I tell myself she not there anymore. I just cannot accept it.


I'm heading home....




She used to exercise along this path as I always take this path to work every morning. Sometimes, I really hope she was waiting for me at the end of that path....



I placed her tablet in this temple near my place. She did volunteer work there and I reckoned that she would be very happy to be there. I could visit her more often too.





My dad got her a massage chair to ease her discomfort. If only I could ease her pain..



My family. Forever..











Looking at these old photos again is a heart-wrenching experience.





Although I could not care for her ever again, I did the only thing I could do, gave her the joy of being a grandma.... (I miss you, mum).

1 comments :

Hello Kenny,

Reading through your blog the last few weeks have been quite a realization for me. Through all the things that you've gone through and are still going through, your blog has forced me to realize a lot of things about my life too.

I just wanted to say that I pray for your return to good health as a man like you deserves every right to lead a wonderful life. Therefore, I would like to wish you Happy Chinese New Year and may you and your loved ones be showered with good health and good fortune for the year of the rat.

Hang in there bro, you'll do just fine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

READERS