photo b25057d1-2a8e-4652-8627-502b93ccd5b6.jpg

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A new focus

I need to rest. Period. I have been sleeping 2-3 hours every night for the past two months. Right now, I want to  give my body a break and shut out everything else.

I learnt a valuable lesson than Gunpla itself today. It shook me to the core, no doubt about it. I like to tell you all a little bit more. Why we work so hard for Gunpla over the years? For passion? For awards? To be frank, I gained something that outshine everything else, "friendship". The friendship I gained with all the folks at HAG/ HAW and Leon Ku especially, makes me complete. I like to say to them "we grew up together", being through tough times and HEY! we are still kicking and stronger than EVER! We have conflicts at times but nothing can derails our deep rooted brotherhood. 

How about the local/ overseas modelers I met along the way? Well, I am blessed. I am lucky to know a lot of friends from overseas and they are the best people  I ever met. And the best part? I am still making new friends everyday! 

And reading this emo post by Waylander also makes me realize how important my wife is. Today is her birthday, but I basically utilized all my leave for my entry, I could not join her on her off day. Yes I am mightyly guilty but she would have none of it. She wanted me to do my best and just as happy that I raised my own benchmark. Mark my words, I am going to spend more time with her and my children more now. 

It is a pity that the O did not make it to GBWC. But it may eventually turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Right now, I will finish it and its BFG. Then give it a superb maintenance setup (it deserves that much) and then present to Hobby Art @ Work for display. To me, this piece has exceeded all my expectations thus far and I am very proud of it. So I will make sure all blemishes are corrected and to make it as perfect as possible. On the other hand, I am already thinking how to excel my current work and I think I still can improve even further (and throw in a few more surprises along the way). 

I have three interesting commissions coming up and I intend to start all at once. So expect more from me next year. Right now, my focus will be on finishing the O. 

On a side note, I am also happy to see that Waylander, cool guy I enjoy doing Gunpla with, making a marked improvement from last year BAKUC. Expect more from him next year. I am pretty sure of it.

Peace out, 

Toymaker 


2 comments :

Kenny you are a lucky man. My wife will slaughter me if i ever touch any gunpla related things on her birthday. No joke.

Ya man. I could have died many times by now.... Phew...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

READERS