photo b25057d1-2a8e-4652-8627-502b93ccd5b6.jpg

Monday, November 30, 2009

PG Gundam 00 Raiser

This would made a wonderful Christmas present for me, PG Gundam 00 Raiser. Initially, I did not like the look of it. But after seeing the prototype at HAG and then at AFA09, I had a change of heart. The only thing standing between it and me is the pricing. It costs a bomb with the additional clear parts. And to be frank I couldn't afford it. Sob....
Looking at the lineart, it looks to me like a major makeover. Perhaps someone can detail up the 1/100 to PG details. That would be cool.
I scan some pages from this month's Hobby Japan demostrating how to utilize the clear parts. For those who do not have the luxury of getting this magazine, I thought I could show you guys the methods. I know all of you all should have one at home right now lol....



The internals are painted with a mixture of base white primer and neutral grey. This will the internals more prominent when you add the clear parts. Diluted paint washes on the crevices and details. And flat coat after cleaning everything up.

Ok I think after the flat coat, the modeller applied dry brushing to the parts. The coarse surface after coating will make this task easier.
Well overall, I find that with some work, you can really make good use of these clear parts. Definitely a must try for me if I have one!!!

3 comments :

JohnN wrote: Hi. Thanks for the scans. But only two images can be cliked to expand?Is this the issue for November 2009 or december 2009?

Hi JohnN, pics are from Hobby Japan January 2010 issue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

READERS