photo b25057d1-2a8e-4652-8627-502b93ccd5b6.jpg

Friday, January 22, 2010

FAZZ (Commissioned Work)


After six long months, I finally completed this. It took me quite awhile because I have been trying a few colour schemes and was undecided on the best one. Eventually I went for something refreshing for this classic MS.

When I was commissioned to do this one, the immediate challenge to me was how to make a bulky looking mecha look streamline? I brainstormed for awhile and singled out the key areas to work:-
  • Colour scheme - to concentrate more on the grey tones than the whites.
  • Reducing the armor without sacrificing the "look" of the FAZZ.  
  • Breaking the general shape of the armors to create depth and complexity.
For detailing, this would be one of my favorite MS as there are so much area for me to work on! The process was pretty fun! 

So after numerous failed colour scheme testings, I think I have achieved what my objectives. I sure hope my customer will not mind a "different" FAZZ.  I have chosen red over blue as the base colour of my whites has a hint of reddish-brown to it. I also used Hull Red for panel lines which is a first for me. And with the three different grey tones I used, all colours actually blend in nicely.



The placement of the pla-plate on the chest has to be planned carefully. The positioning actually help in "slimming"  the body.
I painted the head white instead of the stock grey - some instinct I guess.
I tried to break up the armor to give me extra length and complexity.


Air vents are cut out individually.
And as usual, my mass produced circular base.
Taking six months for one kit is a bit too long. I guess I have been taking things too easy. This year will prove to be hectic for me. But to be frank I an enjoying it. So guys, watch this space....



17 comments :

I gotta say this is truly great work, it easy to see evry little wile of this long 6 months and all the effort you put in to this.

Lookin forward to your next work :D

Agree bro, it looks really fresh! superb topnotch work as always. hope you build more this year. ;)

Oh finally.

FAZZ never looked this good.

Great work as usual Kenny. I love the color theme. Looking forward for more of your great works. Regards, Richard/PH.

Thanks for kind comments guys! It meant a lot to me, really... :)

Another question yet again. If I'm correct, MGs follow the "clip" connection. How do you attach your gundam to the base (considering that you're using what apparently is a metal rod)? I'm planning on scratch building a base for my Exia, and could use some tips. TIA.

i went to heaven for the entire time i saw this post! The layering really made it look like a complex machine, colours also complement each other very well!

Wow thanks again guys! And Adrian, I used a handheld drill to drill and insert the metal rod at both sides. The normal clip stands cannot support its weight. Hope this helps. :)

Your works are always incredible!!!! I hope to meet you in Singapore on march!!!

Your works are always incredible!!!! I hope to meet you in Singapore on march!!!

Oh you are visiting my country? That's great!

really one of the best looking kits ive seen. i hope to see more of this work.

i really like how you try to break armor and lengthen them or detal them with pla plates.

i think i will try to do this some more to

Wow amazing work bro!
Your works always so splendid *thumbs up*
Dunno when can i get to the same level as you.... Maybe never haha!

Thanks Marzz, with constant practice and hard work, Nothing is impossible! SO I quote :)

woo..amazing!!thx for sharing your master piece!!
girl from london

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

READERS