photo b25057d1-2a8e-4652-8627-502b93ccd5b6.jpg

Monday, December 16, 2013

Metal Build Gundam Exia Repair


I have been pondering whether to get one of these Metal Builds for the longest time. The main reason being why would I get one if I can just buy a Master Grade and paint it? And you can get a Perfect Grade Gundam with that kind of pricing. 

Well, I decided to take the plunge today and boy, was I in for a surprise....




First thing first, I like the box art. Nicely packaged and I love the way the front cover is designed. 




















The first thing I noticed when I held it in my hands is its weight. Because if the metal components, the kit is heavy and it feels good. Perhaps a model kit should have some weight. Adds to the realism. The details are pretty exquisite and paint job is impressive considering it is mass produced.  







Leathery feel to the cape and look at the details on it! 




































The base is pretty stout and it has to be because of the kit's weight. 

















After handling it for an hour or so, I must say I am pretty satisfied from a modeler's point of view. This can easily passed off an painted work. Good articulations for great poses. Metal parts means durable joints. And a decent looking base to come with it. This definitely appeals to both collectors and modelers. However, the price may be a turn-off. But to me, it fully justified the price. It saves you days or months to be in the workshop and instant gratification. What more can you ask for? Well some of you might disagree with me. After all, the journey itself is more rewarding that the destination. 

Well, I leave that to you guys to ponder over it. LOL... 



Speaking of Metal Builds, Christmas is just around the corner... 




0 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

READERS